This won't be the only type of thing I post on here but in an effort to kick start a bit more activity on here, I'm starting this as a regular series. We'll try to have something twice a month that shows a celebrity and what they like to pack in their training bag. Followed with a few tips on how to use what's in there and train like they do. And yes, I will, on occasion, use the term celebrity loosely...
Clockwise from upper left:
- Berghaus Ilam 850 Fill Hydrodown™ Jacket - a client of mine wore this to an outdoor training session with me the other day and I've been obsessed ever since. At 320g, its super light, super warm and packs down to next to nothing. If you live in a warmer climate, check out this one as an alternative. Either way, it;s light and warm and will keep you prepared for any unexpected spring chills.
- Fitbit Flex Band - This guy will track your steps, distance, calories burned, active minutes, hours slept and quality of sleep. There are lots of pedometers and FuelBand-type products out there but this one's ability to track sleep quality sets it apart. Currently sold out of it's first run, get in a pre-order for their next.
- Byredo Gypsy Water Body Wash - It smells amazing. Perfect for the onset of spring. Just as entrancing? Oud Immortel, Accord Oud and Sunday Cologne.
- Vapur Element water bottle - When empty the bottle folds up into an easy little package. Perfect for hiking, climbing and outdoor adventure sports as well.
- Filson Duffle Bag - I have an addiction to Filson luggage. It's tough, reliable, stylish and looks better the rougher you treat it. They've just released their medium sized bag in navy. These bags will last a lifetime and then some. Get them in every color, I say.
- Pulsin' Maple and Peanut Bar - Perfect pre-workout snack. Proteins, fats, natural sugars and it's dairy/gluten free. They recommend it as a post-workout snack but with only 12g of protein per bar, it's probably better before. Either way it tastes great.
- Smartwool PhD Run Ultra Light Micro socks - Yes, not one but two pairs. Always keep an extra pair of socks (and underwear) in your bag. Clean, of course. There will inevitably be days where you will forget to pack one or the other and its not something you want to go without when training. Though these thin, slightly compressed, merino socks will make you think you're not even wearing any.
- Pendelton Glacier National Park Bath Towel - Do you need this towel? No. But you do need a towel and why not have one that harkens back to the iconic brand's park blanket. One thing is for sure, you won't forget this one in the locker room.